Saturday, May 16, 2015

Zoo Trip

¡Ciao, Darlings!


"Then God said, 'Let the earth produce every sort of animal' "- Genesis 1:24

     As a writer, I personally have experienced some writer's block. It can be hard to get those creative juices flowing, as art teachers say. I'm not always creative. Sometimes I sit on the couch all day watching entire seasons of Once Upon A Time or watching Pitch Perfect on a loop. Writers have those days. Humans are creative, sure, but we are limited in our creativity. God, however is not limited by anything. He's infinitely creative. People living in big cities rarely see evidence of His creativity. There are no trees and the stars are blocked out by pollutive gases, yikes. Where I live there are enough trees and squirrels to go around, but sometimes I forget that there's more out there that God has made. Things that blow my mind.
     I went to the zoo with my friends after finals week (don't even get me started about finals) on our 2nd annual trip. We have decided to make it a tradition, but that's not the point. When we went I saw some crazy animals that really reminded me of how creative God is.

Look at this penguin. Does anyone else think penguins are really weird? It's a bird that doesn't fly. It swims. Why is this? Because God felt like it, that's why. And they're adorable. 

 


First: the cow things. I forgot their proper name, and they aren't cows, but they look like giant, red, scary cows. Their horns stretched seven feet across!!!! And the zebras- classic zoo material, but aren't they cool? 


Mr. Grizz was pretty annoyed when my group stopped to talk by his exhibit. More like Mr. Grouch. He needs an attitude check, but I wouldn't want to be the one to tell him that!!! Look at those claws!!!
  

THIS. It's basically a giant guinea pig. Actually it's a capybara, the largest rodent on earth. I could put a saddle on that thing.


Flamingos!!! I love flamingos. They're pink. Animals in Arkansas are all brown, so seeing a pink animal is basically life changing. And pink is my favorite color. Thank you God, for the flamingo.



The turtles at the zoo were very tired today. I have never seen a sleeping turtle in my life, but today I saw two. Turtles are cute when they sleep. By the way, the tortoise in the top was 50 years old. Why do turtles live so long!?! I'm not sure but I kind of want to ask God. Of all the animals! Why not dogs? Why turtles? They don't even do anything. I wonder. 


The fire-bellied salamander is tiny and most would think it was unimpressive, but LOOK AT IT! It's belly is orange and black and the top is pink. I love it. It's the sports car of salamanders. I want one, in a little terrarium in my room. 




Look at that cute monkey. I wish those lived in Arkansas. The orangutan was so funny! He kept lumbering around his exhibit with his blanket. Have you ever seen a monkey with a blanket!?


Crocodiles are scary. That's really my only opinion on crocodiles. 




Big cats! I would want to pet them if they weren't life threatening and carnivorous. The beautiful leopard was my favorite. 

God made some seriously cool animals!!! 

   What's your favorite animal???









     

3 comments:

  1. well of course my favorite is a giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao, Darling! Very impressed with your style and journalistic bent!
    Will you be a fashion commentator or perhaps a photo/news journalist or national TV commentator? "All things are possible with God!" I love your style! Congratulations!! You have a wonderful future ahead of you! Our God has certainly blessed you with a gift and a calling. May you use it to His glory!

    Love,
    Your Gram, GJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete