Monday, April 20, 2015

Birthdays: No Small Affair

I just celebrated my 15th birthday last week. Let me tell you, in my family, birthday are more like birth-weeks. We celebrate for a LONG time.
To start off "birth-week", haha, I actually attended a surprise party for myself. Of course I didn't have any idea I was going to this surprise party. I had been tricked into thinking we were going to take scenic family photos at Pinnacle Park. When we got there, I'll admit I was thoroughly confused. My first thought was "this is so awkward omgoodness I'm going to be taking pictures here while all my friends are here too". I know, I have my priorities straight. Then they yelled surprise and I began to understand. My parents dropped me off and I had fun at the party! Although for the first thirty minutes I was partially disoriented.
I looked like this for a long time. Let's just say the surprise party was very SURPRISING. 
After that we ate cake and had a water balloon fight and walked on the trail and generally had a fantastic time. 
All the people who surprised me!

Yum. Cake.

A friend who assisted my other friend in planning the party!

Closest crew. I'm in the tree
Then on my actual birthday my family went to Starbucks for breakfast, the best thing ever. I got my signature lemon loaf and a frapp, an my sis got a coffee. She discovered she does not in fact like coffee. AT ALL. So I gave her my frapp and I drank her coffee, haha. My parents also forced me to wear the birthday hat to school. What is the birthday hat? You ask, full of candid innocence. This, my friend, is the birthday hat.
Are your eyes burning yet? So much hat. So little dignity left. And you can't even see the candles that stick off the top. It makes me shudder.
Me and sissy enjoying our switched Starbucks drinks. There is always time for sisterly bonding on the way to school. 
Anyways, birthdays are a seriously important occasion. Always celebrate!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment