Friday, April 17, 2015

Passeggiata

Ciao, darlings!

Passeggiata is an Italian term. It doesn't hold much meaning in America but it's an integral part of culture in Italy. Passeggiata is the evening walk taken by Italians of all ages. It is a social hour of sorts- the girls walk arm in arm down to road and share stories and teenagers gather in courtyards to talk and enjoy each other's company. The middle aged engage in more sophisticated activities outside café's, drinking coffee and chatting. It is a community bonding experience- every day!

Sadly we have no such thing in the USA. But we can still takes walks whenever we like! I went on a walk with my little sister as the sun started going down.  I took a few random pictures because as summer draws near, in the evening everything turns a dusky blue color that never happens any other season, and it's really pretty.

When you try to focus on the sun the rest of your picture will turn filmy black...
This is a fire hydrant 

I found a dandelion!!! I made a wish too. Making wishes on dandelions is the best. 

And my azaleas. They just bloomed and are my signature pink:)






















No comments:

Post a Comment